dbus 1.1.20 and MandrivaLinux

David Stockwell dstockwell at frequency-one.com
Wed Mar 19 13:39:01 PDT 2008

John,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  FWIW, I decided to upgrade my distro from Mandriva 2007 to 2008.0, which also upgraded the
DBus to 1.0.3, dbus-glib to 0.74, and BlueZ to 3.15.  After the upgrade I was still having problems, and after digging around in the
directories and the Drake Package Manager, found that while the PM thought that it had the dbus-glib files installed, they had gone
missing.  So, fortunately the PM thought that it had 0.74 installed, so I just installed it and now everything appears to be happy.

I then checked the init.d scripts for bluetooth and found that the various daemon modules were not where the startup/shutdown
scripts expected them to be.  A few quick adjustments, and the basics now work reasonably well.

Now to move beyond 3.15 to the latest BlueZ; I need the latest, as I hope to contribute to their version one of the Bluetooth
application-level protocols.

Thanks again, and all the best to you,

David Stockwell