Suggestions for a Windows D-Bus client development environment

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Wed Apr 15 11:08:40 PDT 2009

Schmottlach, Glenn schrieb:

> I would like to create an environment (under Windows) that would allow
> me to develop graphical D-Bus client applications that talk via TCP/IP
> to an embedded target platform running several custom D-Bus services.
> My problem isn’t related to running the daemon on the target or
> enabling remote access over TCP/IP (I’ve already done that), it’s
> finding a suitable language binding and graphical framework for
> rapidly creating graphical D-Bus test applications to test these
> remote services.
>
> What I’d **like** to use is Python (or another Python-like scripting
> language) that has a suitable D-Bus binding that can be built (and
> run) on a PC running Windows (my host platform).

Im not sure, what is mean with "Python-like scripting language", but one
option may be using the Qt dbus binding
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/qtdbus.html and the Qt script engine
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/qtscript.html. which is based on the
ECMAScript scripting language, as defined in standard ECMA-262
<http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-262.htm>..

Regards
Ralf