Suggestions for a Windows D-Bus client development environment

Avery Pennarun apenwarr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 11:22:31 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Schmottlach, Glenn
<glenn.schmottlach at harman.com> wrote:
> I'd certainly be interested in giving your code a try. It appears you've
> addressed many of my concerns about the existing NDesk-DBus
> implementation. Would it be easy for you to split it into its own
> package and send it as a zip/tarball (since I'm sitting behind a
> firewall that blocks GIT).

I've made a separate branch that contains only wvdbus-sharp and
wvdotnet (a helper library).  You can find it here:

http://github.com/apenwarr/versaplex/tree/wvdbus-sharp-only

Press the "download" button and github will give you a tarball.

> Also, would you have any documentation associated with your changes or
> at least sample code to look at (perhaps in versaplex)?

Versaplex has lots of sample code, but you can find really simple
examples in wvdbus-sharp/t/*.cs (the unit test code).

> I know there was one thing I had to change in the NDesk-DBus library
> implementation. It defaults to "EXTERNAL" authentication but in order
> for me to talk to my target over TCP/IP, I had to change that to
> "ANONYMOUS".

You may have to make the same change here, but hopefully you'll find
the authentication code extremely straightforward in this case.

Have fun,

Avery