[announce] dbus4win

Marc Mutz marc at kdab.net
Tue Apr 21 07:13:33 PDT 2009

On Tuesday April 21 2009, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 5:04 AM, Marc Mutz <marc at kdab.net> wrote:
> > 3. Implement the unix transport for Windows using the design already
> > chosen
>
> One of the main discussion points in the past was avoiding "unix
> emulation" - here are some posts I dug out of google, though none of
> them explains it very succintly hopefully you get the idea:

These talk about public API abstractions, and I have not yet made my mind up
on any of that. I wasn't feeling in the position to have to, since the API is
set in stone anyway, and the remaining diff isn't that big anymore.

Seeing as you quoted point #3 in this reply, though, I guess this is about
the "unix transport", not public API (though transports could be considered
part of it, of course).

I can't see from your mails whether you are objecting to the use of plain
files to "emulate" Unix domain sockets, or to using the "unix:" transport URL
for that?

Thanks,
Marc

--