bluetooth stack - dbus error

ebin jose ebin.jose at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 23:54:43 PST 2009

Hi,

We are trying to build  bluetooth stack on an imx.31 (arm based) platform
which runs linux.
bluetooth chip is connected to imx.31 platform via a serial port.
We have native arm compilor available on imx.31, so we are not really cross
compiling from another host PC.
I am trying to connect imx.31 to a sony-ericsson mobile handset.

We have installed the following pkgs on the target.
1) bluz-libs-3.36
2) bluz-utils-3.36
3) dbus-1.2.1
4) dbus-glib-0.76
5) obexftp-0.22
6) openobex-1.3

7) expat-2.0.1
8) glib-2.14.6

"uname -a" on target returns the following:
Linux freescale 2.6.22.6 #352 PREEMPT Thu Jan 1 15:41:08 IST 2009 armv6l
unknown

The following are the steps that we followed to run:
1) hciattach /dev/ttymxc2 bcsp 57600 flow
2) hciconfig hci0 up
3) bccmd  -t hci psload -r /apm6628BT-UART.psr
{
Note: Sometimes this step pop-ups an msg:
bcsp_recv: Error in BCSP hdr checksum
}
4) killall hciattach
5) hciattach /dev/ttymxc2 bcsp 115200 flow
6) hciconfig hci0 up
7) rm /var/run/dbus/pid
8) dbus-daemon --system
9) hcid -n -d -f /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf
{Note:
This step prints the following information on terminal:
hcid[1696]: Bluetooth HCI daemon
hcid[1696]: Enabling debug information
hcid[1696]: Unable to get on D-Bus
}

Later, the follwing step
10) hcitool scan
find the mobile device: the follwing the information printed on the
terminal:
Scanning ...
        00:1A:75:5C:20:83       W810i - Ebin
11) passkey-agent --default "1234"
This steps returns the following msg:
"Can't get on system bus"
12) /usr/local/bin/obexftp -b 00:1A:75:5C:20:83 -l
The folloing is the msgs printed out:
Browsing 00:1A:75:5C:20:83 ...
Connecting...failed: connect
Interupted/bad reception or the device moved out of range: Operation now in
progress
Still trying to connect
Connecting...failed: connect
error on connect(): Function not implemented
Still trying to connect
Connecting...failed: connect
The user may have rejected the transfer: Connection refused

Mobile phone asks for the pin (1234), but later it displays an error msg,
saying failed to connect.

I would like to know if
1) I need to install any other pkg, that I have missed out.
2) Is there a conflict between the pkgs versions that I have missed out.
3) Any code level modification in any of the pkgs to make it work.

Thanks in advance.
Any suggestions to make it work !

Regards,
Ebin.