Cmake update patch for dbus master

Romain Pokrzywka romain at kdab.com
Tue Feb 16 18:04:19 PST 2010

I've been playing a bit with multiple sessions buses now, and here's a quick feedback. Basically it works, but it has
some shortcomings :

- you need to adjust the port used in two places : the session.conf file for the daemon, and the
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS environment variable for the apps. having one place where this could be done would be less
error-prone.
- once you use the env var you lose the autolaunch feature (maybe that's a windows-only feature though, I dunno)
- the fact that all the buses use the same shared memory segment to store the session bus address means that an app
running without the env var will be talking to an undefined session bus (ie. the last one that updated the shared memory
segment)

Based on the above, and if having multiple running session buses is really a scenario that's considered (besides KDE on
Windows, I can think of security reasons, sandboxed environments, user privileges...), then I guess Ralf's argument and
proposal is still worth discussing and elaborating. The current solution is working, but it's not perfect.

Best regards,

Romain

--
Romain Pokrzywka | romain at kdab.com | Certified Qt Software Engineer & Trainer