Cmake update patch for dbus master

Romain Pokrzywka romain at kdab.com
Sun Feb 7 22:21:37 PST 2010

On Sunday 07 February 2010 05:12:44 Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Ralf Habacker schrieb:
> > I can follow your arguments and things should be clean as much as it
> > could be. On the other side there was a real use case behind this
> > feature - see
> > http://windbus.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/windbus?view=rev&revision=808
>
> I found some time to dig into the source and found a few interesting
> points:
> 1. the dbus daemon name could be set to wathever else with
> -DDBUS_DAEMON_NAME=<dbus-daemon-name>, so this is feature isn't lost and
> everyone is happy :-)

Exactly

> 2. There are use cases, in the kde context and may be others too, which
> require to have different dbus session buses running for a single user.
> There are several approaches available to reach this goal. Having a
> special dbus daemon executable name may be one of these approaches. It
> is worth to discuss the pro and cons of these approaches in a separate
> thread.

Definitely. That's something that could be useful not only for the debug vs. release case, but also for different
versions of KDE apps running in parallel. For example, I usually have a stable KDE-Windows build for my common apps,
then I have an enterprise4 branch build for Kontact, and I also keep a trunk build for testing and development.
Currently I have to kill all processes (including dbus-daemon) everytime I need to switch between those, which is a
PITA. Having the possibility to run multiple session buses in parallel would make this much easier, even if I have to do
some manual setup at build time.

> Because it seems there are no more issues with this patches I applied
> them to dbus git master branch.

Thanks by the way ;)

> Regards
>  Ralf