need help in sending array of strings with dbus signal

Tanmay Mande tanmay at gslab.com
Wed Feb 24 07:25:47 PST 2010

Hello,

I am new to dbus and still learning. I want to send signal over dbus
with argument as 'array of strings'. Here is how the interface would
look like:

<node>
        <interface name="some.iface.name">
                <signal name="sig1">
                        <arg type="as" name="arg1" direction="out"/>
                </signal>
        </interface>
</node>

Till now, I am able to send basic data types such as string, long along
with signal. I understand that we have to use 'glib-genmarshal' for type
signatures that are not already available and have used it for basic types.
However, I am not able to figure how to generate marshaler for sending
arrays (of strings or even bytes for that matter).

Can anyone please help me for this?

I have been able to send array of strings as method call argument.
However I would really like the communication to be asynchronous.

Thank You,
Tanmay