dbus_g_proxy_call failed to get a reply

Zhang Guo-Jun gavin_zhang_cn at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Feb 24 02:52:00 PST 2010

Hi

    I'm trying to call a function that is in ipcserver process from ipcclient.

    I follow the example in http://folks.o-hand.com/iain/single-instance-with-dbus/making-single-instance-programs-with-dbus.html.

   Calling org_myorg_SingleInstanceInterface(...) which would call dbus_g_proxy_call, a error message is got after long time of waiting:
Did not receive a reply.
Possible causes include:
the remote application did not send a reply,
 the message bus security policy blocked the reply,
the reply timeout expired,
or the network connection was broken.

   I look for the problems, but failed. Both single_instance_factory_class_init and
single_instance_factory_init (SingleInstanceFactory *factory) in the
server were called.  The proxy value in the client I got was a valid
value as well.

   Could you help me to figure it out? Your reply will be greatly appreciated.