DBusObjectPathMessageFunction not being called on dbus_connection_send()

Foinel flocirel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 06:59:01 PDT 2011

Hello,
I am having some issues with getting the specified callback function
DBusObjectPathMessageFunction<http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/api/html/group__DBusConnection.html#ga348e43a15f8f2bc5b88651b70ec8dbdd>from
the DBusObjectPathVTable parameter in dbus_connection_register_
object_path() to be executed on dbus_connection_send() from a client app.

I can only get the
DBusObjectPathUnregisterFunction<http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/api/html/group__DBusConnection.html#gaf78eab2664f8165f92db9fa9874c0b6d>callback
function to be executed, but that only seems that
dbus_connection_register_object_path() is not doing it's job. Should I call
dbus_bus_request_name() prior to dbus_connection_register_object_path() ?
I am trying to do this using a peer to peer environment (no session bus
involved), just a server app listening for method calls on a private server
(created via dbus_server_listen() ) and the client app connected using a
dbus_connection_open() call. After getting the connection, the client app
should be able to invoke a method call on the remote server, and this is
where the error described above appears. Also, I am trying to do this with
dbus functions (no glib or python bindings involved.). Am I missing
something?
Thank you in advance.