Dbus doesnt works with HAL without X

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Sep 13 06:43:37 PDT 2011

On Tuesday, 13 de September de 2011 15.11.49, Robert Jobbagy wrote:
> It's okay, but if check attachment you can see that it's different

That's irrelevant. D-Bus by itself doesn't do anything to your CD or DVD
drive.

Other programs might. Those other programs might be using D-Bus. But that's
not a reason to ask in this mailing list. You need to identify what those
other programs might be and talk to their developer lists.

> signal sender=:1.2 -> dest=(null destination) serial=136
> path=/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/storage_model_CDDVDW_SH_S223B;
> interface=org.freedesktop.Hal.Device; member=PropertyModified
>    int32 1
>    array [
>       struct {
>          string "storage.removable.media_available"
>          boolean false
>          boolean false
>       }
>    ]
>
> and this is useless for me.

Seems like HAL is telling you that a CD/DVD device was found and that there
are media available in that drive.

Why is it useless?