Link(s) for Windows ports of D-Bus ?

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Tue Mar 20 03:58:51 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Monday 19 March 2012 12:46:58 Simon McVittie wrote:
> On 15/03/12 18:30, rony wrote:
> > However there is (are) no link(s) pointing to the Windows versions of
> > D-Bus!
>
> It's basically the same situation as Windows versions of GLib.
>
> Windows support was merged quite a long time ago, so the normal
> source-code tarball releases of D-Bus (as announced on this mailing
> list), and the git branches from which they're released, are meant to
> work on Windows. Sometimes they might not, but if they don't, that's a
> bug like any other, to be tracked in Bugzilla and fixed in a later release.
>
> The only official "upstream" D-Bus releases are the source code: we
> don't make binary releases, for any platform. On Linux, distributions
> like Debian and Fedora release binary packages derived from our source
> code, and we recommend that most people use the binary packages from
> their distribution.
>
> If anyone wants to provide semi-official binary releases for Windows on
> a similar basis, feel free to do so and link them on the wiki. For
> instance, the KDE on Windows initiative <http://windows.kde.org/>
> presumably releases Windows binaries of D-Bus (I don't know whether they
> apply special patches or configuration). GnuWin
> <http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/> doesn't seem to provide D-Bus
> binaries yet, but they could; Cygwin probably does; and so on.

For KDE-Windows we use the cmake buildsystem to build dbus natively on
Windows.

You can find the binaries here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kde-windows/files/dbus/

Configuration options and patches for each version you can find in the git
repository:
http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=emerge.git&a=blob&f=portage%2Fwin32libs-sources%2Fdbus-src%2Fdbus-src-1.4.16-20110302.py
Afaik we have no patches which are not included in 1.4.16  / gitHEAD

Dbus binaries are also distributed with GPG4Win

Regards,
Andre
--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262 |  http://www.intevation.de/