Compilation and installation of the dbus-java-dbus-java-parent-3.0.2

Simon McVittie smcv at collabora.com
Fri Aug 23 17:32:37 UTC 2019

On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 at 15:00:47 +0200, Bogdan wrote:
> I am going to install and to test the dbus-java-dbus-java-parent-3.0.2.

The only Java implementation of D-Bus that is released by the dbus project
is https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus-java by Matthew Johnson,
which appears to be inactive. We moved it from fd.o's old Git hosting
and Bugzilla to Gitlab alongside the other dbus projects, but it hasn't
had any commits for 9 years.

If you are referring to https://github.com/hypfvieh/dbus-java, that
appears to be a fork of dbus-java, and is not maintained or supported
by any freedesktop.org project. I don't know whether anyone involved in
that fork follows this mailing list. It would probably be a good idea
to contact its maintainers via an issue report or whatever mailing lists
or forums they have.

If the maintainers of that fork are making releases independently of
freedesktop.org, then they should either give it a different name, or
talk to the previous maintainer of dbus-java (Matthew) about "officially"
taking over maintenance.

    smcv