dbus-python, pydbus, dbussy, or something else?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro ldo at geek-central.gen.nz
Thu Jul 25 22:16:53 UTC 2019

On Thu, 25 Jul 2019 15:49:17 +0200, W. Martin Borgert wrote:

> Now I learnt about dbussy, which looks pretty cool. It's not packaged
> for Debian yet, but that can be changed easily (ITP on the way). Are
> there any other known problems with it?

One issue I haven’t fully tracked down yet is a reference circularity
within the Ravel module, which means there is a build-up of orphaned
message objects (up to a few dozen observed) until the garbage collector
kicks in.

I don’t know of anyone who has made heavy use of it, so I can’t say how
the performance of a pure-Python binding would compare to something
using C-code extension modules.