dbus-python missing documentation

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 08:26:52 UTC 2019

Hi,

I spent few hours trying to print connection name (sth like :1.1234).
I find it very useful in debugging my application using qdbusviewer.
Unfortunately I couldn't find any method for that documented anywhere.

Finally I analyzed dbus-python sources and found
DBusPyConnection_GetUniqueName and "get_unique_name". It became
trivial once I found it:
bus = dbus.SystemBus()
print('Name: ' + bus.get_unique_name());

Is there any reason why this function isn't documented? If you check:
dbus_bindings/conn-methods.c
it seems there is some documentation text prepared in that source file.

--
Rafał