Help: connect to different dbus session addresses

Joan Torres joan.torres at suse.com
Mon Nov 28 17:16:03 UTC 2022

On 28/11/22 17:48, Zeeshan Ali Khan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not familiar at all with your exact requirements here so maybe I'm
> just expressing my ignorance here but can't the system service give
> the data to the session component when it loads and registers itself
> to the system service?
If what I'm trying to do is not possible: a system daemon (running as
gdm) connecting to different dbus sessions to start a unit service; then
that would be an alternative, although it would make more complex the
implementation and we would like to keep it simple and allow the system
daemon to directly start and stop the unit service.

--
Joan Torres