Porting DeviceKit-power to non-Linux

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 06:05:27 PDT 2009

Hey,

2009/7/28 Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com>

> I've pushed an experimental branch "not-just-gudev" which allows
> non-linux platforms to plug code into DeviceKit-power. It's not
> tested, but I would appreciate if non-linux people could check it out
> and tell me what you think. Thanks.

this is a good news for the Unix family!

I take this opportunity to recall that the UPS support code in DK-p is Linux
only, since it relies on the hiddev Linux driver.

Richard: do you have any plan in this area, and possibly according to the
proposition I once made (using NUT as a bridge...)? I've not yet had time to
look at the above branch, but the main issue was to provide info to DK-p
from an external source...

cheers,
Arnaud
--