Porting DeviceKit-power to non-Linux

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 06:33:46 PDT 2009

2009/7/29 Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com>:
> I take this opportunity to recall that the UPS support code in DK-p is Linux
> only, since it relies on the hiddev Linux driver.

Yup.

> Richard: do you have any plan in this area, and possibly according to the
> proposition I once made (using NUT as a bridge...)? I've not yet had time to
> look at the above branch, but the main issue was to provide info to DK-p
> from an external source...

I don't have any plan on making data from NUT available in DK-p -- to
be honest, I think a lot of the driver quirks can be done in kernel
space rather than userspace, and have userspace just use the simple
hiddev device.

I still don't think putting the hid parsing in userspace is a good idea.

Richard.