Releasing Fedora 10 alpha next week

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Aug 2 07:45:39 PDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-02 at 13:25 +0100, James Westby wrote:

> Hi Jesse,
>
> The next Ubuntu alpha is the week after, so you should miss that.
>
> Can I ask why you wanted to know? Is this due to the comments
> about load on mirrors when multiple distributions work together?

You got it.  The kernel.org fellow pleaded for us to at least coordinate
somewhat at OLS, and it's not an unreasonable request.

The latest we would release would be Thursday of next week.  What day do
you folks typically release, and what day would you start seeding your
content to mirrors (if we're trying to release at the same time you're
trying to seed, that may prevent your mirrors from getting the content
in time).  We would start seeding as early as Monday of next week.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!