Releasing Fedora 10 alpha next week

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Sat Aug 2 08:02:37 PDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-02 at 10:45 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> You got it.  The kernel.org fellow pleaded for us to at least coordinate
> somewhat at OLS, and it's not an unreasonable request.
>
> The latest we would release would be Thursday of next week.  What day do
> you folks typically release, and what day would you start seeding your
> content to mirrors (if we're trying to release at the same time you're
> trying to seed, that may prevent your mirrors from getting the content
> in time).  We would start seeding as early as Monday of next week.

The releases are normally Thursday, so that's a week separation.

I'm not sure about the seeding process I'm afraid.

The CDs are created the day before, and quite often respun on
the day if serious problems are found in testing. The packages
updates aren't batched in any way though.

I can put you in touch with someone from the release team if
my guesses aren't good enough for you (or one may be subscribed,
I'm not sure).

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IntrepidReleaseSchedule

is our full schedule if you are interested. There are links
to ical files on that page. Do you have something similar?
Should we set up a google calendar, or similar, that collates
all of the calendars?

Thanks,

James