AMD APU - only HDMI works

Alexander Konotop alexander.konotop at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 11:04:54 PST 2011

Hello to everyone :-)

I have AMD APU with Radeon Sumo graphics. System turns off notebook's
monitor while loading, but HDMI works. I've tried to turn off and then
turn on the monitor without success and with such dmesg output:
---------------------------------
[  829.313006] [drm:atom_op_jump]
  *ERROR* atombios stuck in loop for more than 5secs aborting
[  829.313013] [drm:atom_execute_table_locked]
  *ERROR* atombios stuck executing E3E6 (len 2585, WS 4, PS 4) @ 0xEAD0
[  829.338095] [drm:radeon_dp_link_train_cr]
  *ERROR* clock recovery reached max voltage
[  829.338098] [drm:radeon_dp_link_train_cr]
  *ERROR* clock recovery failed

Now I'm working with radeon.modeset=0 (using vesa driver, as I
understood).

I'm not the only one who has this problem - here's another example:

dmesg and xorg logs are attached to this letter.

Is it a kernel radeon module bug or some kind of misconfiguration or
smth else? BTW it's definitely not an xorg issue because monitor turns
off even when I'm not using X.

Best regards
Alexander