drm-next update

Ville Syrjälä ville.syrjala at linux.intel.com
Tue Nov 20 05:40:36 PST 2012

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 04:39:39PM +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> Okay just pushed out a bunch of -next queued stuff,
>
> I've been stuck on another project for a couple of weeks and haven't
> really being paying enough attention to -next, so this is a heads up,
> if someone has something big they want merged this window and I
> haven't seen it yet or merged it yet, you should probably mention it
> in a reply to this mail with a summary of where you think its at.
> (e.g. atomic nuclear modesetting flipping).

I don't the atomic stuff is quite ready for merging yet. However my
code is more or less feature complete now. I have implemented everything
I planned to originally, apart from adding more properties for various
things. And as I mentioned before, Weston is now running quite nicely
on top of my kernel branch.

What's still missing is some refactoring, and possibly some fixes. And
hardly anyone has commented on it, so please everyone have a look and
let me know what you think. Maybe I need to start a blog to get people
interested...

Oh and there's now that 8byte get_user() issue that needs to be sorted
out on x86-32.

As far as the i915 specific stuff goes, I need to get someone to look
at the GPU sync stuff. And then there's the bigger question of whether
we could do the whole atomic page flip thing via the ring, but that's
not something that we need to worry about today.

--
Ville Syrjälä
Intel OTC