8, 16, 32 bpp and configs

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 11:54:29 PDT 2005

I'm working on implementing the radeon EGL driver. It looks to me like
the config list needs to include all of the 8, 16,  32 bpp configs.
This is different than the Xserver where the bpp is constrained by
what the XAA driver chose. Is this going to have any consequences
elsewhere?

	 *driver_modes = r200FillInModes( dri_priv->bpp,
					  (dri_priv->bpp == 16) ? 16 : 24,
					  (dri_priv->bpp == 16) ? 0  : 8,
					  (dri_priv->backOffset != dri_priv->depthOffset) );

Should I drop the 8 bit palette modes? I think they will work in my
lower layers, but I am not sure about mesa support.

Does EGL surface need get/set palette functions?

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com