EGL_MESA_screen_surface proposal

Brian Paul brian.paul at tungstengraphics.com
Wed Mar 16 08:21:30 PST 2005

Jon Smirl wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:18:05 -0700, Brian Paul
> <brian.paul at tungstengraphics.com> wrote:
>
>>I'd go with the EGL_INTERLACE attribute.  I'd rather not add
>>additional functions to the EGL API to deal with strings for modes.
>

> Could  EGLModeMESA be an index into an array like this:
> struct {
>    EGLmode mode;;
>    char *name;
> }
>
> Choose modes would not take the name.
>
> X has Ctrl-Atl-+/- for changing the resolution. The list of mode names
> lets the window manager build a list for the user to choose from.

All the existing EGL datatypes are opaque.  They _may_ just be
integers, but that's all you will know about them.  Another
implementation of EGL may typedef the EGL datatypes to pointers.

EGLConfigs have an EGL_CONFIG_ID attribute which is a small integer
starting at one.

I suppose we could require the same thing of the EGL_MODE_ID attribute
of EGLMode.

I guess I'm not sure what you're getting at though.

-Brian