[Fontconfig] bug status for 2.4 release

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Sun Sep 3 09:59:57 PDT 2006

>> local.conf should probably also be done that way, then, too.

Keith> Yes, you're right, although 'local.conf' is fairly deprecated these days
Keith> with conf.d available.

Good point.  Perhaps a good time, then, to complete the deprecation?

Keith> Any suggestions on where the unused config files should
Keith> go? /etc/fonts/conf.d, /etc/fonts/conf.avail
Keith> and /usr/share/doc/fontconfig/examples all have their merits...

Good question.  I see that there is no general consensus among the
distributions for, as an example, apache setups.  Some use .avail
and .enabled; some use just .d.  But I rather prefer .avail/.enabled.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0xED7DAEA6