[Fontconfig] fc-glyphname bug

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Wed Mar 7 11:54:00 PST 2007

>>>>> "Keith" == Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com> writes:

Keith> No, the full adobe glyph set has never been a part of
Keith> fontconfig as I haven't ever seen a need. Fontconfig only uses
Keith> this table for fonts with adobe_custom encoding; the only ones
Keith> I've seen like this are the decorative glyph fonts. Do you have
Keith> a font which requires this data?

I don't know whether it requires the data, but URW's Symbol will not
cache when FC_GLYPHNAME_MAXLEN is too small for the font's glyphnames.

Including the agl pushes MAXLEN up to 39, whihc is long enough for
that font.

Another possible patch is to fix MAXLEN at 127.

-JimC