[FriBidi] Please Help Me In Installing Fribidi On Motorola A1200 Linux Based Smartphone

Beni Cherniavsky cben at users.sf.net
Sat May 3 13:44:46 PDT 2008

2008/5/3, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org>:
> On Sat, 2008-05-03 at 12:38 +0430, Sina Saeedi wrote:
>  > Please Help Me In Installing Fribidi On Motorola A1200 Linux Based
>  > Smartphone.
>  > It has a 2.4.20 Linux and an Intel XScale 312 Mhz CPU. It's
>  > distribution name is Montavista.
>  > How can I compile fribidi on A1200?
>
>  I'm not anyone on this list can help you with that.  Basically you
>  compile FriBidi like you compile any other piece of software.  Depends
>  on your cross-compiling environment.  Nothing FriBidi-specific.

https://opensource.motorola.com/sf/projects/a1200 has the official
sources for the A1200.  They seem currently to only have the tarball
and forums with lots of discussion - it's not obvious that
re-compiling them [with fribidi added] is easy.  But it's definitely
worth checking.

http://www.mkezx.org/ also looks like a great place to start for
compiling (although it's unmaintained now).

An important question is how do you install software onto the A1200
once compiled?  Does it have a package manager?  SSH/telnet/filesystem
access?

P.S. AFAIK, Montavista distrubute just the kernel (configured for many
embedded platforms) distribution + cross-compilation tools.
Hopefully, the official sources will have everything you need.

--
Beni Cherniavsky <cben at users.sf.net> (I read email only on weekends)