[Galago-devel] Chaning maximum limit for number of notifications

Abhijeet Rastogi abhijeet.1989 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 04:36:53 PDT 2011

Oh. I am so sorry for being careless. I just figured out that

shadyabhi at archlinux ~ $ pacman -Si notification-daemon
Repository     : extra
Name           : notification-daemon
Version        : 0.7.2-1
URL            : http://www.galago-project.org/specs/notification/
Licenses       : GPL
Groups         : gnome
Provides       : None
Depends On     : gtk3  libcanberra
Optional Deps  : None
Conflicts With : None
Replaces       : None
Download Size  :  33.27 K
Installed Size : 292.00 K
Packager       : Ionut Biru <ibiru at archlinux.org>
Architecture   : x86_64
Build Date     : Fri 09 Sep 2011 01:21:39 AM IST
MD5 Sum        : 1954617e39c49ba82bca8864a2c5b4f4
Description    : Notification daemon for the desktop notifications framework

Then I started seeiing the ABS and found out that arch downloads different
version

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/notification-daemon/0.7/

So, the URL was wrongly reported by pacman.

I opened that source code & there I had

#define MAX_NOTIFICATIONS 20

on line 47 of /src/daemon.c

Problem solved. I wish I had done it earlier. Thanks anyways :)