[Games] Invitation to a cross-distro games packaging/patching/maintaining mailing list

Thomas Klausner tk at giga.or.at
Wed Dec 10 09:09:45 PST 2008

Hi everyone,

> I am sending to this list as a friend involved with NetBSD tells me this is the
> best place to send it. You might not find this email interesting, for which I
> want to apologize. Please just disregard it, in that case.

just to let you know, I've now joined the group and will try to catch
up on the existing conversations before starting anything ;)

> We will start defining requirements and possible layouts for
> below-upstream repositories, soon. You could then pull from there and
> get a common, patched version. ports-specific patches would be applied
> in your local repositories via your existing processes.

Sounds good!
NetBSD's pkgsrc has quite a number of patches for various games,
mostly to make them build. You can see the list of packaged games at
	http://pkgsrc.se/games
and the patches in the */patches directories below
	http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/games/?only_with_tag=MAIN

Thanks for the project!
 Thomas