Self introduction Hans de Goede

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Sat Nov 29 05:41:54 PST 2008

Hi All,

I'm a Linux enthusiast / developer and a long time Fedora contributor. A lot of
the work I've done for Fedora involves games, so some time ago I subscribed to
the Debian games mailinglist and mostly lurked there, trying to coordinate
things both Debian and Fedora were working on at the same time. As such I'm
also one of the people who was part of the discussion which led to the creation
of this mailinglist.

Within Fedora I've created and maintain tons of games and game related
packages. I've created somewhere between 50 - 100 packages, and I maintain
around 150 packages most of which are games or related.

One of the things I've done in Fedora, which I believe would be interesting for
other distro's is that I've packaged lot of allegro based games (and needed
allegro support libraries). In many cases I've contacted upstream asking them
for license clarification, or plain asking them to relicense and in many cases
I've been successful, in each such case upstream has either released a new
tarbal (or zip), or I've included a verbatim copy of the permission mail in the
Fedora package.

Quite a few of the allegro games where originally only written for Windows (or
DOS) and were ported to Unix by me, given that allegro is crossplatform, this
was quite doable.

Attached is a list of all games currently in Fedora, I'm not responsible for
all of them, but I'm for a lot of them and know the ins and outs of most of them.

Note: Unfortunately lately I do not have as much time as I would like to work
on games stuff.

Regards,

Hans