Free 3D Game Maker For Kids&Adults + Need Your Support!

JK Wood joshuakwood at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 10:54:39 PST 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Platinum Arts <platinumarts at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi my name is Michael Tomaino and I work on a project called Platinum Arts
> Sandbox which makes it easy for kids and adults to create their own 3D
> worlds, games, levels, quests, etc.  The software is free and open source
> and currently being used in many schools throughout the world.  I have used
> it personally to teach in various schools and I've seen work from kids as
> young as six.  I do have some of the kids work from a summer camp I taught
> if you'd be interested in seeing it.  Here is a review of the software:
> http://www.gameculture.com/node/597
> We will also be appearing in the Total PC Gaming magazine out in February.
>
> Here is our tutorial video:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g44Ww2bg2_E
>
> Here is a video interview of me and it has some shots of the work kids did
> at the summer camp:
>
> http://www.moddb.com/games/platinum-arts-sandbox/features/noesis-presents-moddb-tv-sandbox-interview
>
> Our homepage is: http://kids.platinumarts.net As a note we have just been
> voted one of the top 100 game projects at moddb out of over 5k.  Please head
> to our webpage and see the instructions on how to VOTE FOR US to be in the
> top 10!
>
> I originally started this project for kids that were in my before and
> afterschool program at an elementary school.  That is one of the reasons it
> is free and open source, I want kids to be able to have total access to it.
> If I could get this to kids all over the world it would be a dream come
> true!  I'm really interested in getting Sandbox into as many linux distros
> as possible.  As a note we are preparing a "debian free" and "non free"
> package to be included into Edubuntu.  Please let me know what you think and
> I'm very willing to work with you however I can to make this a reality.
> Take care!
> -mike
> --
> http://Kids.PlatinumArts.Net Free Open Source 3D Game Maker / Game Design
> Software
> Check out http://PlatinumArts.Net !
> It features movie reviews, stories, free video games and more!

I see that you use a download counter for getting the game.  I maintain a
repository of something called SlackBuilds, which are scripts that make
Slackware packages out of source packages, etc.  Note that we don't actually
offer binary packages, just a way for end users to build them.  With this in
mind, is it okay with you to link directly to the source?

-JK Wood
Maintainer of Slamdbuilds repo
http://github.com/JoshW/slamdbuilds/