Some build and optimisation fixes

Jussi Kukkonen jhkukkon at cc.hut.fi
Wed Sep 5 10:18:13 PDT 2007

iain wrote:
> I've been lookking through the Geoclue code recently and came up with
> some patches for it. The first is a simple patch to build with dbus <
> 1.0 by defining DBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE. The second patch optimises
> the list loops in geoclue_master.c so that it doesn't have to walk the
> list many times.

Thank you. I just pushed both fixes to fd.o.

The second one might never get used though: get_all_providers() is not
functional right now, and if I remember correctly Keiths idea was that
it will not exist in the future (the bindings could of course offer
similar functionality by scanning /usr/local/share/geoclue/backend/) --
this is one of the things we need to decide and implement before a "real
release". I've been meaning to post about this and start a TODO-list,
but have been busy on other issues so far...

> I also noticed the code seems to be a mix of indentation styles and uses
> a lot of c++ style declarations/comments. I'm guessing the mix of
> indentation is coming from some people indenting with spaces, others
> with tabs. Would it be acceptable for me to go through and reindent it
> all to tabs and fix the c++ declarations/comments? I'd have already done
> it, but don't really want to if no-one wants it changed :)

Personally I'd be very happy about that.

There's no coding standard, but if we want one I'd vote for "tabs for
code level indent, spaces for everything else" -style. In my experience
that Just Works in most cases.

-jussi