add more geocode backends and fix some bugs.

Jussi Kukkonen jhkukkon at cc.hut.fi
Fri Sep 28 05:35:32 PDT 2007

Jussi Kukkonen wrote:
> Do you know how the Google API key should be used? If it needs to be
>  per-application (as opposed to one common key for all geoclue
> installations), we'd probably need to provide a way to set that key
> -- otherwise this is not very useful.

I checked the legality issue myself. the FAQ is pretty clear about this:
> > Can I use Google Maps in my non-Web application?
> >
> > No. The Google Maps API is currently available only for websites.

 If I remember correctly Yahoo terms are different. Anyway, I don't
think I want to push the google backend to the repository, as it seems
to me that using it would be a violation of their TOS in about 99.99% of
all cases... I'll be happy to reconsider if I'm wrong and that FAQ does
not actually cover geocoding.

By the way: Google seems to have a pretty extensive list of other
geocoding services:
http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Maps-API/web/resources-non-google-geocoders

-jussi