Ubuntu's application indicators and GeoClue

Henri Bergius henri.bergius at iki.fi
Fri Apr 23 07:10:28 PDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net> wrote:
> I think it's useless having an applet to do that, which exposes far too
> much technical information, when we don't even have a proper setup
> application.

I don't think "Stop GPS" is too much technical information. Mobile
users do care about their battery life. And IMO, this sort of stuff is
way better to handle via an applet or menu than a full-blown settings
app.

And also, knowing that location information is being used can be
useful, if not for alleviating privacy concerns.

--
Henri Bergius
Motorcycle Adventures and Free Software

Skype: henribergius