[Glamor] Configuration for DRI3 support preview

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Wed Dec 11 22:55:57 PST 2013

On Don, 2013-12-12 at 07:47 +0100, davyaxel at free.fr wrote:
> On 12/12/2013, Michel Dänzer wrote :
> > On Mit, 2013-12-11 at 22:22 +0100, davyaxel at free.fr wrote:
> >>
> >> libgbm can be present but link to other drivers that Mesa, and then in
> >> this situation we don't know in what EGLNativePixmapType will result.
> >
> > That sounds like something that would need to be handled at runtime, not
> > build time.
> >

> Well, when I meant 'linked', I was more thinking 'associated'.
> For example: http://git.ti.com/glsdk/libgbm/trees/master allows
> any gl driver to implement gbm.
> I expect that at compilation time we get the right headers,
> and then we would have tested correctly what is EGLNativePixmapType.

If you check this at build time, the resulting glamor binaries will only
work with the same EGL/gbm implementation they were built against, won't
they? That doesn't seem very nice e.g. for Linux distros.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer            |                  http://www.amd.com
Libre software enthusiast          |                Mesa and X developer