[Glamor] Configuration for DRI3 support preview

davyaxel at free.fr davyaxel at free.fr
Wed Dec 11 23:16:51 PST 2013

On 12/12/2013, Michel Dänzer wrote :
> On Don, 2013-12-12 at 07:47 +0100, davyaxel at free.fr wrote:
>
> If you check this at build time, the resulting glamor binaries will only
> work with the same EGL/gbm implementation they were built against, won't
> they? That doesn't seem very nice e.g. for Linux distros.

EGLNativePixmapType is defined when you include egl.h and eglext.h

I understand what you mean.
Though I don't know what sort of runtime check we could do,
and even if it makes sense.

If the extension is defined by egl and that when it is built, EGLNativePixmapType is struct gbm_bo*,
but that at run-time the buffer taken by eglCreateimageKHR with EGL_NATIVE_PIXMAP_KHR should be something else than struct gbm_bo*,
then what can we do?
The call to eglCreateimageKHR will likely crash with a segfault in this case.

Anyway, I think we are in corner cases:
Do you have examples of drivers supporting EGL_MESA_drm_image and EGL_EXT_image_dma_buf_import other than Mesa,
and that would be in this case? Would they use glamor?

Testing that EGLNativePixmapType is struct gbm_bo* at compilation time appears to me
to be already a secure test to verify we are not in an obscure case. Do we need more?

Axel Davy