[Glamor] Configuration for DRI3 support preview

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Thu Dec 12 14:56:05 PST 2013

On 13-12-12 01:55 AM, Michel Dänzer wrote:
>> Well, when I meant 'linked', I was more thinking 'associated'.
>> > For example: http://git.ti.com/glsdk/libgbm/trees/master allows
>> > any gl driver to implement gbm.
>> > I expect that at compilation time we get the right headers,
>> > and then we would have tested correctly what is EGLNativePixmapType.
> If you check this at build time, the resulting glamor binaries will only
> work with the same EGL/gbm implementation they were built against, won't
> they? That doesn't seem very nice e.g. for Linux distros.
Thanks for raising the question. I could not find a non-mesa
implementation. Strictly from a package configuration point of view, it
is acceptable to limit what the package can cope with. I suspect
glamor_egl.c cannot handle unknown EGLNativePixmapType(s).

It is generally preferred to detect problems early in the configuration
rather than at build time or at runtime. Whether glamor should be able
to support all current and future implementations is a separate discussion.