[Glamor] Xft rendering corrupted with glamor enabled driver

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Wed Dec 18 17:07:16 PST 2013

On Mit, 2013-12-18 at 23:16 +0100, Wolfgang Draxinger wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 00:12:19 +0400
> Alex B <pkunk.ab at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can confirm this issue on radeonsi with glamor, latest versions from
> > git. Most often see it in Firefox, rarely in gtk progs, very hard to
> > reproduce. Rendering fixed itself after any redraw, including
> > covering by mouse cursor.
> >
> > http://i.imgur.com/F6121Ce.png
>
> Yes, it's exactly that one. Thanks for you independently confirming it.
> I now realized that I did put my machine through a full power cycle
> between reporting this and the attempt to reproduce. Maybe (but I'm
> just wildly guessing here) it's an issue interacting with power
> management; I usually put the machine in question into Suspend-to-RAM.

Given that the problem seems to be the same between the intel and radeon
drivers, I doubt it's anything as subtle as that. Probably a bug in the
glamor glyph (cache?) code.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer            |                  http://www.amd.com
Libre software enthusiast          |                Mesa and X developer