gstreamer-vaapi for android x86

Sebastian Dröge slomo at circular-chaos.org
Thu Oct 10 01:42:48 PDT 2013

On Di, 2013-10-08 at 06:10 -0700, Niaz Mohy-ud-din wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Have anyone compiled/tried gstreamer-vaapi for android x86? If yes, could you please share your experience?

I'm not aware of anybody trying that, but VAAPI is not public API on
Android. So if it's available and usable on some devices you can use it
there, but it won't be available on all devices.

In theory there's no reason why it shouldn't work, you just need to get
it compiled for Android and need a device that supports VAAPI.