Difference between git repositories

Niaz Mohy-ud-din niazmdin at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 14 03:24:23 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am trying to get the resources using following way, but it does not work. Could you please check or let me what I am doing wrong.

niaz at niaz-linux:~$ git clone http://anongit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/sdk/cerbero
Cloning into 'cerbero'...
fatal: http://anongit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/sdk/cerbero/info/refs not found: did you run git update-server-info on the server?

Thanks,
Niaz

 Subject: Re: Difference between git repositories
 To: niazmdin at yahoo.com, "Discussions about GStreamer on Android" <gstreamer-android at lists.freedesktop.org>
 Date: Monday, October 14, 2013, 10:22 AM

 On Mo, 2013-10-14 at 00:46 -0700,
 Niaz Mohy-ud-din wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > What is the difference between following two git
 repositories. Both of these repositories have different
 branches. Which one should I use?

 > git clone
 git://anongit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer-sdk/cerbero

 > This one I can compile using "cerbero" for android. But
 there is no branch for gstreamer 1.2.

 This is a separate project not connected to the GStreamer
 project and
 controlled by some companies.

 > git clone
 git://anongit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer

 > In this repository I can see the branch 1.2 and also
 Android.mk file, how can I compile it for android. Do I need
 to make and "jni" kind of structure to compile it?

 This is the GStreamer core GIT repository of the GStreamer
 project. You
 can also find cerbero here with a 1.2 branch:
 git clone
 git://anongit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/sdk/cerbero

 Binaries from this can be found here:
 http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/android/1.2.0/

 This is the official place from where to get GStreamer
 binaries.

 -----Inline Attachment Follows-----