Difference between git repositories

Sebastian Dröge slomo at coaxion.net
Mon Oct 14 01:22:57 PDT 2013

On Mo, 2013-10-14 at 00:46 -0700, Niaz Mohy-ud-din wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the difference between following two git repositories. Both of these repositories have different branches. Which one should I use?
>
> git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer-sdk/cerbero
>
> This one I can compile using "cerbero" for android. But there is no branch for gstreamer 1.2.

This is a separate project not connected to the GStreamer project and
controlled by some companies.

> git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer
>
> In this repository I can see the branch 1.2 and also Android.mk file, how can I compile it for android. Do I need to make and "jni" kind of structure to compile it?

This is the GStreamer core GIT repository of the GStreamer project. You
can also find cerbero here with a 1.2 branch:
git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/sdk/cerbero

Binaries from this can be found here:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/android/1.2.0/

This is the official place from where to get GStreamer binaries.