vpx in gstreamer 1.2 for Android

Ole Bromose ob at dansound.dk
Mon Oct 28 02:57:43 PDT 2013

On 10/28/2013 09:51 AM, stic at free.fr wrote:
> yes this is what i did, I use vpx module, but I always have an error saying that the plugin vp8enc is not found.
> I've seen following warnings when compiling :
> warning: cannot scan executable section 37 of /Users/stic/Documents/Install/Android/GStreamer/gstreamer-1.0-android-arm-1.2.0-release/lib/libvpx.a(vpx_decoder.c.o) for Cortex-A8 erratum because it has no mapping symbols.
>
> Maybe is it the cause of the problem ?

Hi,
Perhaps the following observations can help figuring out what happens
with libvpx:

1.  The only place I see a config.err after building sdk 1.2 is in the
libvpx-v1.2.0 folder, and this holds for both X86 and for Android
builds. Config.err has several occurrences of the line:

cc1plus: error: command line option '-Wdeclaration-after-statement' is
valid for C/ObjC but not for C++ [-Werror]

2.  In the Android build no shared library for vpx is built (only a
static library is built). On X86 both static and shared libraries are built.

Regards
Ole