vpx in gstreamer 1.2 for Android

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 03:33:06 PDT 2013

2013/10/28 <stic at free.fr>

> yes this is what i did, I use vpx module, but I always have an error
> saying that the plugin vp8enc is not found.
> I've seen following warnings when compiling :
> warning: cannot scan executable section 37 of
> /Users/stic/Documents/Install/Android/GStreamer/gstreamer-1.0-android-arm-1.2.0-release/lib/libvpx.a(vpx_decoder.c.o)
> for Cortex-A8 erratum because it has no mapping symbols.
>
> Maybe is it the cause of the problem ?

This was fixed some days ago for armv7 in:

commit d0e4046647e351445db5f50703d77989d477af5a
Author: Andoni Morales Alastruey <ylatuya at gmail.com>
Date:   Wed Oct 2 18:25:23 2013 +0200

    libvpx: x264: do not strip binaries

    Stripping is optional and can only happen in the packaging
    step.
    This also fixes the link stage in Android armv7, where
    symbols are required to fixup cortex-a8 erratum:
    https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=40794

What is strange is that you get this error in the regular arm build,
meaning there might some issue in the configuration step and its being
built for armv7 instead of armv5.

Cheers,
Andoni

Andoni Morales Alastruey