pipeline for playing audio and video using decodebin

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Apr 3 12:29:43 PDT 2014

On Mi, 2014-04-02 at 15:35 -0400, Alok Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to test HLS stream gstreamer pipe line, but I think there is
> something not correct in pipeline.
>
> gst_parse_launch("souphttpsrc location=
> http://10.10.0.161:80/Rajan/playlist.m3u8  ! queue ! decodebin name=demux
> demux. ! autoaudiosink demux. ! queue ! autovideosink", &error);
>
> I got the error "Unable to instantiate decoder 'AACDecoder' Codec reported
> an error.
>
> Any advise for video audio pipeline using decodebin ?

Check the GStreamer debug logs. This sounds like a problem with the
codecs on your device or the GStreamer integration of those.

If you disable the androidmedia plugin and instead link in libav into
your application it should work better, but using software decoders.

Expertise, Straight from the Source