pipeline for playing audio and video using decodebin

Alok Kumar alokkat at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 13:08:45 PDT 2014

Thanks for reply. one followup question, how will I disable androidmedia ?
Do I need to recompile, or could it be done from gstreamer android
binaries.
 Is not androidmedia recommended to deliver best performance in terms on
audio/video playback ?
(Considering androidmedia uses HW decoder for video)

Thanks
Alok

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 3:29 PM, Sebastian Dröge
<sebastian at centricular.com>wrote:

> On Mi, 2014-04-02 at 15:35 -0400, Alok Kumar wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to test HLS stream gstreamer pipe line, but I think there is
> > something not correct in pipeline.
> >
> > gst_parse_launch("souphttpsrc location=
> > http://10.10.0.161:80/Rajan/playlist.m3u8  ! queue ! decodebin
> name=demux
> > demux. ! autoaudiosink demux. ! queue ! autovideosink", &error);
> >
> > I got the error "Unable to instantiate decoder 'AACDecoder' Codec
> reported
> > an error.
> >
> > Any advise for video audio pipeline using decodebin ?
>
> Check the GStreamer debug logs. This sounds like a problem with the
> codecs on your device or the GStreamer integration of those.
>
> If you disable the androidmedia plugin and instead link in libav into
> your application it should work better, but using software decoders.
>
> --
> Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com
> Expertise, Straight from the Source

Regards