pipeline for playing audio and video using decodebin

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Apr 4 00:16:37 PDT 2014

On Do, 2014-04-03 at 16:08 -0400, Alok Kumar wrote:
> Thanks for reply. one followup question, how will I disable androidmedia ?
> Do I need to recompile, or could it be done from gstreamer android
> binaries.

You just don't include it in your Android.mk in the plugins variable, or
remove it from plugins.mk from the GStreamer zip/tar.

>  Is not androidmedia recommended to deliver best performance in terms on
> audio/video playback ?
> (Considering androidmedia uses HW decoder for video)

Yes, it is. This would be just a intermediate solution to check if
everything else works otherwise.

After that you would need to debug why androidmedia fails on your device
with that stream. A complete debug log with "androidmedia:9,amc*:9"
would be useful to have for this, but most likely this won't be possible
to debug and fix without having access to an affected device.

Expertise, Straight from the Source