androidmedia

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Mar 26 11:00:21 PDT 2014

On Mi, 2014-03-26 at 13:53 -0400, Alok Kumar wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am new to android gstreamer stuff. I do see there is "androidmedia"
> gstreamer  plugin mentioned in plugins.mk file. But when I use this
> "androidmedia" plugin in pipeline, it does not find the plugins. I am using
> compiled binaries from gstreamer android 1.2.3 build.
>
> So the question is there any plugin like "androidmedia", if yes then how to
> use in gstreamer pipeline.
>
> I am using android 4.2.x on Galaxy tab 3.

There is such a plugin but it will register element factories with names
like amcviddec-something. decodebin will automatically use these
elements if they can be used, or you could use the GstElementFactory API
to get the ones that would be usable for your situation.

They don't have a common name on all devices as the available codecs
differ from device to device.

Expertise, Straight from the Source