androidmedia

Alok Kumar alokkat at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 11:18:37 PDT 2014

Thanks you Sebastian for reply.
However when I used pipeline like below
gst_parse_launch("filesrc location=/storage/extSdCard/zoo_1080p.mp4 !
qtdemux ! queue ! h264parse ! decodebin ! eglglessink", &error);

playback is jerky and indicates it is using some SW decoder for 1080p. 480p
file plays ok.  I am using Galaxy tab 3.

How to make sure it uses HW decoder ?

Thanks
Alok

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Sebastian Dröge
<sebastian at centricular.com>wrote:

> On Mi, 2014-03-26 at 13:53 -0400, Alok Kumar wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I am new to android gstreamer stuff. I do see there is "androidmedia"
> > gstreamer  plugin mentioned in plugins.mk file. But when I use this
> > "androidmedia" plugin in pipeline, it does not find the plugins. I am
> using
> > compiled binaries from gstreamer android 1.2.3 build.
> >
> > So the question is there any plugin like "androidmedia", if yes then how
> > use in gstreamer pipeline.
> >
> > I am using android 4.2.x on Galaxy tab 3.
>
> There is such a plugin but it will register element factories with names
> like amcviddec-something. decodebin will automatically use these
> elements if they can be used, or you could use the GstElementFactory API
> to get the ones that would be usable for your situation.
>
> They don't have a common name on all devices as the available codecs
> differ from device to device.
>
> --
> Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com
> Expertise, Straight from the Source