RTSP H264 streaming not working

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Sun Oct 25 04:17:06 PDT 2015

On Thu, 2015-10-22 at 18:21 +0000, Mark Dion wrote:

Hi Mark,

Only had a cursory look at your log. Not sure what's going on there,
the only suspicious thing I can see is this:

tutorial-5.c:442:gst_native_set_uri Setting URI to
rtsp://172.16.120.75:1935/live/axis251.stream_360p
tutorial-5.c:477:gst_native_set_position Scheduling seek to
0:00:00.000000000 for later
tutorial-5.c:464:gst_native_pause Setting state to PAUSED
tutorial-5.c:105:set_ui_message Setting message to: State changed to
PAUSED
tutorial-5.c:184:execute_seek Seeking to 0:00:00.000000000

The application basically sends a flushing seek while rtspsrc is still
starting things up. It's well possible that confuses rtspsrc.

I would recommend you comment out set_position and execute_seek
entirely and see if it works then.

It would also be good to make sure that rtsp stream works otherwise
fine on a desktop/laptop with the same GStreamer version.

 Cheers
  -Tim