[gst-devel] New atomic.h test not working for 2.2 case

Richard Boulton richard at tartarus.org
Fri Feb 4 02:26:04 CET 2000

On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 01:04:57AM -0800, Erik Walthinsen wrote:
> According to the autoconf manual, AC_EGREP_HEADER will run it through the
> preprocessor first.  Since atomic.h actually #define's atomic_read and
> atomic_set, they never show up in the cpp output.  Probably will have to
> resort to a `grep atomic_set /usr/include/asm/atomic.h`, which is ugly
> since it doesn't have to be in /usr/include.  Ick.  I wonder if there's
> some other difference between the files that doesn't disappear when parsed
> through cpp?
Well, I thought about it, and it seems sensible to simply do a test
program with AC_TRY_RUN.  So I've done that.

Tested it on a 2.0 and a 2.2 machine: seems to distinguish them correctly.
(Now upgraded my 2.0 machine though, so can't test any further.)

I shall commit the change in a moment.

--
Richard